Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweat and Gunfire









Rail Gun animation TEST from Dave Chen on Vimeo.



Here are two of the models I made for Christian Haniszewski and Rogelio Olguin's epic thesis "ABYSSUS"! I was so grateful and honored to work on their thesis project. Both Chris and Rogelio are maniacs! The first gun model I made was the "pilsner gun", which is originally designed by Chris. I was given a messy gun mesh to rework and refine in order to make a clean mesh with many details.

The second gun was the "rail gun". I was given creative freedom for this one, so I did the design, modeling, and animation! The rail gun was supposed to unfold, open up, and fire a powerful beam at its target. Unfortunately, it never made it to the final screening due to various issues involving time constraints. The fun part in creating the rail gun was visualizing how every part was to work with each other. I had to use a lot of reference from "Transformers". All of the animation for this weapon was created with set driven keys. Ultimately, this was a fun and rewarding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment